Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Reflective Letter

Dear Reader,
I do not know how you came across this blog but hopefully by viewing my blog, you get a glimpse at ethos, logos, pathos, and my interpretation of things through my writing.
English 201 has really given me a new perspective on writing and arguing through writing. This class has also given me a new outlook on public literacy, as well as the ways to approach it, through literary criticism. I feel that the writings in this blog reflect the skill that I have gained from taking a course on public literacy. I also feel that I have gained a better understanding of the importance of reading and writing public texts because they show the opinions of people throughout the public sphere. Through my writing, I hope you see my interpretations and arguments as effective pieces of the public sphere.
Out of all the assignments that I did for this course; I feel that the content analysis was the most difficult piece to write because it required a lot of effort. Even though the public sphere project required immense amounts of effort, it was easier to get into because I was not restricted to just using the Courier & Press and other newspapers as resources. It was also more difficult because it dealt with the city of Evansville, which to me, seems rather uninteresting to write about, so that was a challenge.
Public sphere week was helpful because it allowed me the opportunity to give out information on something that was really important to me. I feel that it was worth all the time and effort that I put into it and that it should be done again. My only problems with public sphere week are as followed. I feel that the location was not the best place to have it and the time that it was done was not very effective, (for my class at least).
Overall, I enjoyed my time in the class and I hope that they continue with the public sphere projects, and hopefully that will evolve into something bigger and better. I believe that the tools that I learned in this course will help me down the road in my college career and they are worth learning and knowing.
-Brannon-

No comments:

Post a Comment