Friday, April 3, 2009

Proposal Summary

For public sphere week I have decided to talk about sexual assault. More specifically, I am going to focus on the college demographic and focus on the party scene and acquaintance rape amongst college students. I will be giving out fact sheets with statistics about date/acquaintance rape, and prevention tips on another sheet, and possibly brochures/pamphlets of some sort with other information from my research. I plan to post flyers up around the campus as far as advertising goes. My ultimate goal for this project is to make college students more aware about date rape and have them know ways of prevention. I feel that my way may be simple, but effective to getting my point across. I am open to suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. I like your proposal. Concidering the fact that we are on a college campus and stuff like this does happen all the time, even though it may not be as well known. Making others aware and prepaired in case something could happen to them is a great idea. The only issue I can think of is, what kinds of things are you going to do to make your fact sheets worth reading? I can't tell you how many times someone has handed me something and I just turn around and throw it away, which also kind of ties in with my proposal of recycling. You have to do something that will catch people's attention that will make them want to read your fact sheets and actually take the facts to heart and not just throw them away. I can't think of any specifics at the moment, but I will keep thinking about it and if I come up with any ideas I will get back to you. I really like the idea of posters. If you put them up in common places they are bound to be read. Love the idea.
    Maybe we can help each other out on ideas. Any suggestions from you are greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the response. I am going to take your idea of catching peoples attention somehow to heart. Instead of actual fact sheets I have decided to go with self-made brochures for the project. Brochures seem more accessible to people and I read someone's blog and they had the bright idea of using bright colors with their poster, so I may implement that concept into my flyer and poster. My brochure will consist of statistics, facts and ways to prevent it from happening to people...maybe some other things as well. I am still in the final stages of putting it all together but I'm glad you responded to my blog.

    ReplyDelete